Last Wednesday while enjoying a snow day, I received a message from a friend who wanted to know my take on “the FlipFold.” I had never heard of such a thing until that moment. And as I cozily watched the snow fall outside while I tapped away on my computer keyboard, I started thinking about those wonderful inventions that keep me organized, and can help each of us achieve our individual versions of logistical bliss. There are plenty of them in my midst. And so today I share a list of some of some of the standard organization “toys” I’ve come to love and appreciate. Do you have favorite organization items in your life? Tell me about them, and they could appear in a future blog post!
- Plastic storage bins: Perfect for cobweb-free items in your attic, basement, and garage.
- Food storage containers: Lunch never tasted so good.
- Silverware organizer: Self-explanatory plastic wonderment.
- Shoe holders: Great for stowing shoes and more.
- Quicken financial software: Keeps tabs on my piggy bank.
- Electronic calendars: One of the most amazing inventions. Ever.
- Month-by-month accordion files: Rounding up receipts is now a piece of cake.
- Shower caddy: Helps you make a splash every morning.
- Quilted cases: Grandma’s china can be dust-free year-round.
- Tote bags: The greatest multi-use canvas creation of all time.
* Photo by Michal Zacharzewski