As the saying goes, “April showers bring May flowers.” And with May just hours away, following are five tips for brighten those gray days when spring showers water our blooming gardens.
1. Gray skies are a great excuse for sporting brightly colored tops, coats, or scarves and carrying a colorful umbrella or bag.
2. Pick some flowers from your garden – or purchase a few gerbera daisies – to enjoy in your kitchen, home office, or living room. Bringing spring into your home is always a good idea, and rainy days are no exception.
3. Invite a loved one over for a cozy dinner and serve a warm dish featuring plenty of colorful ingredients. A vegetarian chili or soup could be the perfect touch to a soggy day.
4. Turn on some lamps (with energy efficient bulbs, of course) and light a few candles for an added glow thr0ughout your home.
5. Be sincere – and cheerful – throughout your day. The joy you express to others is sure to uplift everyone around you. After all, it’s okay to be thrilled about referring to Tony Bennett’s wisdom.
* Photo by Jonathan Eggers