At one time or another, most of us have seen zippered storage bags…best known as those nifty little bags that hold new sets of bed sheets. If you’re buying new sheets soon and you’ll have some zippered bags on-hand, following are five great uses for these little storage wonders:
1. Store delicate clothing in this bag. Zippered bags are great protective cases for delicate, flat items such as lingerie, nylons, or silk scarves.
2. Store winter gear in this bag. Zippered bags are especially handy for storing small things like mittens, gloves, and wool socks – all which come in pairs that should be kept together whenever possible.
3. Store dry swimsuits in this bag. Zippered bags help you keep those tops and bottoms together, especially when in storage during the winter.
4. Store clothing in this bag when traveling. Zippered bags are fabulous for storing like items within a suitcase. With this bag in tow, you’ll never again have to root through your suitcase to find your socks.
5. Store sharp objects in this bag when you need to check luggage. Zippered bags will help keep your sharp objects (that are stored in protective cases) in one place in your suitcase. When you get to your destination and want your pocket knife, there’s no need to unpack the entire suitcase in search of it. Just grab your zippered bag and you’ll find what you seek.
Tip: It’s never a good idea to hang onto zippered bags – or anything – because you may want to use it one day (read: recipe for clutter). Only hang onto objects (like zippered storage bags) if they have an immediate use.
Wishing you joy as you zip your way to organizational bliss.
* Photo by Jonathan Eggers